Last Modified by: March 6, 2023
- 1. Introduction
- 3. Age Policy
- 4. Information We Collect/ Notice at Collection
- 5. How We Collect Your Personal Information
- 6. Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- 7. How We Use Your Personal Information
- 8. How We Sell or Share Your Personal Information
- 9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
- 10. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
- 11. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
- 13. Communicating With Us
- 14. International Transfer of Personal Information
- 15. Your State Specific Privacy Rights.
- On this Website;
- In telephone, email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Company;
- When you engage with us on social media;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy; and
- In person, including when you attend events or tradeshows.
3. Age Policy
We provide travel nursing positions for qualified candidates and our Website is aimed at matching qualified nurses with open positions. As a result, our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Information We Collect/ Notice at Collection
The Personal Information that we collect from you depends on how you interact with us and our services. The following table lists the categories of Personal Information and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected within the last twelve (12) months. The table also lists, for each category, our business use and whether we sell the information or share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising. Please see “How We Collect Your Personal Information“, and “How We Use Your Personal Information” for more detailed information.
We share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information only with our service providers that process your data on our behalf. We will not sell the Personal Information we collect. However, we will share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, which in some jurisdictions is considered a sale or sharing of information. Please see “How We Share Your Personal Information” for more detail.
|Category||Specific Information Collected||Business Use Purpose||Sold or Shared|
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, phone number; or other similar identifiers.||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers; advertising networks; social media networks; analytics partners, and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers; advertising networks; social media networks; analytics partners, and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Protected classification characteristics.||Age (40 years or older), date of birth; citizenship; marital status; sex; medical condition, physical or mental disability.||To report and process employment applications; maintain personnel records; comply with federal and state laws; analytics.||YES with service providers and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Commercial information.||Records of services obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||To report and process employment applications; maintain personnel records; for advertising and marketing purposes; advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers; advertising networks; analytics social media networks.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Facilitate efficient use of our information systems and website; advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers, advertising networks, analytics, social media networks|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; analytics.||YES with service providers and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; analytics.||YES with service providers and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting a person’s abilities.||advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers, advertising networks, social media networks.|
|Other||Immunization records||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; comply with state and federal laws; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Sensitive Personal Information|
|Government identifiers (social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number)||Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.||To report and process employment applications; verify employment information and credentials; maintain personnel records; complete new hire paperwork; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers and (with your consent) to employers.|
|Precise Geolocation Data||Physical Location||advertising; analytics.||YES, shared with service providers; advertising networks; analytics; social media networks and (with your consent) to employers.|
If you would like to limit our use of your Sensitive Personal Information, please click here. When we connect you with a job opportunity that you chose to accept, we will provide your new employer with your information and assist in preparing the new hire paperwork and onboarding processing. In addition, your employer may collect additional information from you. This policy does not cover that information. Please check with your employer about their privacy practices.
5. How We Collect Your Personal Information:
We collect Personal Information about you from various sources, including:
- Directly from you, such as:
- Information that you provide by your search queries on our Website or by filling in forms on our Website, including when you register your profile to apply for jobs and in the new hire onboarding forms if you are hired.
- Information that you provide when you fill in our forms for support or questions. We may also ask you for information in surveys, for example on job satisfaction.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- By text if you sign up for our SMS notifications and alerts;
- In person, if we are in attendance at an event or trade show;
- By telephone, for example, if you contact us, or, if we contact you to verify information in your profile.
- Automatically, when you navigate through the Website, open or click on emails we send you or interact with our advertisements, such as: usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixels, internet tags, web server logs and other data collection tools. For more information, please see “Automatic Data Collection Technologies” below.
- From social media platforms/ networks. If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Facebook or other social media platforms the Company may utilize) in connection with our websites or Apps, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us,. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
- Other Sources. We may obtain Personal Data about you from data analytics providers, marketing or advertising service providers, fraud prevention service providers, vendors that provide services on our behalf, or publicly available sources. We also create information based on our analysis of the information we have collected from you.
6. Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we and our third party partners (such as advertising and analytics providers) use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information” to learn more about how you can control and manage automatic data collection technologies.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information.”
7. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use, share or disclose the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing Our Website. We use Personal Information to provide our Website and its content to you, including to provide, personalize, support and develop our Website. We may use Personal Information to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Website, to notify you about changes to our Website and any services we offer through it.
- Providing Services and Market Information. We use Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you register your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information in your profile to seek jobs, we will use both to find opportunities that respond to your inquiry. When you hit “Apply” to apply for a job, we will provide your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to potential employers, which may include your credentials, background, precise geo-location, and availability. In addition, we may conduct background checks, reference checks and confirm licensure (with your permission where required by law) to verify your qualifications and history. We may use information you submit to moderate and display anonymous reviews, salary reports and other content for the benefit of our users.
- Communicating with You. We use Personal Information to provide you with notices of opportunities (such as email alerts), customer service, and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, follow up on your questions, and monitor and improve our responses.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information (precise geo-location) for marketing and promotional services, such as to send certain marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, or text message; to show you advertisements for our services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites; to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests and your location, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- Analytics and Personalization. We use Personal Information and certain Sensitive Personal Information (precise geo-location) for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use Personal Information to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business. We may also use such information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- Law Enforcement. We use Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. We also use such information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with another company to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. For more information, please see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information” and “Your State Specific Privacy Rights.” For your California rights, please click here.
8. How We Sell or Share Your Personal Information
We share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with our service providers to help us provide our products and services to you. We will not sell the Personal Information we collect. However, we will share Personal Information and certain Sensitive Personal Information (precise geo-location) with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, which in some jurisdictions is considered a sale or sharing of information. Our Personal Information does not include information about individuals we know are under age eighteen (18). For more information, please see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information” and “Your State Specific Privacy Rights.” For your California rights, please click here.
- When you apply for a position, we share your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with employers on your behalf for the purpose of enabling them to make a decision on whether to hire you. We will obtain a commission if you are hired and accept employment. We will also aid employers with the hiring process by providing you with the employer’s new-hire paperwork and collecting any additional information required to complete your onboarding process. We will share all new-hire paperwork and additional information collected only to complete your onboarding process with the employer hiring you.
- Service Providers. We share certain Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with service providers that perform services to support our core business functions and internal operations including: consumer reporting agencies that conduct background information checks (with your consent where required by law), marketing and analytics companies for the purpose of analyzing customer data and providing marketing assistance and customer service companies that provide customer service support.
Third Parties Advertising. We use information that we collect and that you provide to us to deliver advertisements to according to our advertiser’s targeted audience preferences, which may include advertisements on Facebook, Google, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, SnapChat and Pinterest. Please see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information” for information on how to opt-out if you do not wish us to use this information. For more information, please see “Your State Specific Privacy Rights.” For your California rights, please click here.
- Legal Process. We may disclose Personal Information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We may also disclose information to establish, exercise, or protect the rights of our Company, employees, agents, and affiliates; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the safety and security of our visitors; to detect and protect against fraud; and to take action regarding possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
- Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of the Company, and that company may use and disclose Personal Information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. The Company may also share Personal Information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of Personal Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we believe we use reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
10. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Personal Information:
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section below.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click unsubscribe to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of an application for employment.
- Behavioral Advertising:
Analytics.We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/opt-out-of-the-microsoft-advertising-optimization-program
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. When you opt-out using these methods, a cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you have opted-out of interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt-out again. These websites also provide detailed information about interest-based advertising and tips for managing your online privacy.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your Personal Information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your Personal Information collected or used in this way.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information. For your California rights, please click here.
11. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information or delete the information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect; or the information is related to a transaction.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights” for more information. For your California rights, please click here.
13. Communicating With Us
500 Seneca Street, Suite 501, Buffalo, NY 14204
Email us at: email@example.com
Via our toll-free number: 1-877-853-5010
14. International Transfer of Personal Information
Please note that this Site is directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using this Site, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of Personal Information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
15. Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their Personal Information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, click here.
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, or Utah, certain additional rights may apply to you such as:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Delete certain of their Personal Information
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
If you are a resident of any of these states rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if these rights apply to you and you wish to exercise certain rights. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please email us at email@example.com.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain Personal Information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Correct or Delete
You have the right to request that we correct or delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to correct or delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Correct or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or de-identify Personal Information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
We may deny your request to correct your Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity, correcting the information would conflict with federal or state law, if correction is impossible or involves disproportionate effort, or if we believe the request is fraudulent or abusive.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete or Correct
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by one of the following:
Mail: 500 Seneca Street, Suite 501, Buffalo, NY 14204
E-mail us at: email@example.com
Via our toll-free number: 1-877-853-5010
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your Personal Information.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know, correct or delete must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use Personal Information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by clicking our online form.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account.
If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Sale of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age sixteen (16) or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than sixteen (16) years old. Consumers who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Notice of Right to Opt Out of Sale/ Sharing
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by clicking our online form.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Information sales at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 500 Seneca Street, Suite 501, Buffalo, NY 14204.